Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maclarny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 20, 2003
MN
It's a fairly simple bug. Whenever I open Safari it crashes before it launches.

Anyone else having this problem? :confused:

jim.

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2004
C-ville, VA
Not seeing this here. Have you tried trashing the .plist files to see if maybe the prefs got corrupted? Did you upgrade, archive/install, or clean install Tiger?

Edit: Did you have any third-party plugins installed before you upgraded to Tiger? These could be incompatible and be the cause of the crash.

Jim

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
I had that a while ago, with 10.3.8. Try a permissions repair. If that does not work I have no clue!

You could always use firefox!

thequicksilver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2004
Birmingham
Yeah, I had it. You need to need to remove any Safari plug-ins you have. Spotlight "SIMBL" and open the folder with that name. If you have any plug-ins such as Acid Search, Pith Helmet, etc, get rid of them.

If this isn't the case (and it wasn't with me) you need to reinstall Safari, which hadn't updated properly on my machine. To do that, you need to get an app called Pacifist (Google it) and extract the Safari installer from there.

If you need more detailed explanations, say and I'll post them - in a rush now though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.