Explain the logic

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mach@8tr, Jun 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mach@8tr macrumors newbie

I have been trying to get a straight answer as to why people prefer the Apple over top of the other products available on the market today, which might I add are far more reliable. This is a public forum and I have a right to post my opinions as they are not physically harming or threatening to anyone. I have read your terms and policies and find no mention of not being allowed to voice personal opinion. P.S. Ever get an error type -9859 when trying to print using the button bar in AppleWorks, Office or any other OS X program that utilizes the button bar feature. That's my latest giggle. Lets make an OS and not allow access screw up the coding for accessing the print framework. Brilliant, yet another use of beta testing at the customers expense.

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

3. awulf macrumors 6502

The answere is simple! Mac's ARE easier to use and are less frustrating. I use a PC nearly every day and they love to crash if they are running Windoze. Other reasons:
    *Faster
    *Cheaper In the Long run Here is the evidence
    *Good quallity
    *The list goes on...

I once had a 486/66 it was so full of trouble :mad: I used my Mac IIsi or even my Mac Classic sometimes. I no longer posses a PC :cool:

No I never got an error before printing that way
    I tried to print of something to file in Win2K but the computer kept restarting:p

4. McFreggle macrumors 6502

McFreggle

No need to get rude

Hey Mach@8tr,

Why so rude? I'm sure you could have a serious discussion here about the pros and the cons of a mac, if you wouldn't put it that agressive.

Now, I myself use Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 98, Mac OS 9, Mac OS X ànd Debian GNU/Linux, and I have been using PC's since MS-DOS 2.11, I saw System 7, and I have worked with BeOS, so I think I can compare a bit...

And to be honest... all systems have their Pros and their Cons! Off course they have, otherwise they wouldn't be around anymore (well, MS-DOS isn't, but yah...).

I think Windows 2000 is the best Operating System Microsoft ever made, and I work with it a lot, and I can do an awfull lot of stuff with it and - don't shoot me - I wouldn't wanna miss it, but I also like Mac OS X a lot, and the technology, the ease of use, the interface, the total user experience is sooo much better...
    So I wouldn't want to miss it either.

A word to all heavy Mac-addicts here: don't be too hard on Windows without knowing what you're talking about. Windows 2000 is no longer the buggy OS Windows 95 used to be.
    But also a word to you, Mach@8r... don't be so hard on Macs... they are really cool, and if you're not in things that specifically require Windows, it's a hell of a platform...

Now, let's smoke some herb and make peace ;) (and start another PDA thread!)

k.

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Re: No need to get rude

Exactly, we are all open to discussion but not when you post in such an agressive manor.

6. loicl macrumors newbie

Re: Explain the logic

You should read th e design of everyday things by Donald Norman for all you re question about design (because it s design behind you re question).

no.

HO you re one of the developper of CUPS, no ?
    you re kidding in fact it s the same technology under windows with other name to hide it.

What 's the answer under a PC for such a problem, in fact is there any error recognition ? (it s a real question).

bye Loic

7. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Re: Re: Explain the logic

What a great book... it will change the way you look at everything...

Formaly 'POET' - pschycology of everyday things but it kept getting put in the poetry section :)

8. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Re: Explain the logic

No. What have you done to your computer then, if you're getting that message? Is your printer actually supported under OS X?

9. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Yea, you want to know I will tell you. From a carry over of your other brilliant thread, I am a Windows 2000 Lan / Wan Administrator. I am a Microsoft Certified Professional, and Windows 2000 Server certified. You know what. I am so glad that Microsoft is out there because if not, I would be out of a job. You see of the 400 Macs and 200 PC's on our network, the macs account for 5% of the problems, and yet are run 24/7/365 where as the PC's are only run from 8 to 5. X is Unix. No .dll files to become corrupt. A far more intelligent file system. A far better printing system. So many more time powerful than any version of Winblows.

Now does PC hardware have more features that I would like to see come to the Mac, hell yea. But you know what. Even if the PC was 5 GHZ, with 200 GB hard drive, and 48X CDRW with a 4X DVD-R with an 18 inch LCD, and 4 gigs of memory. I would still prefer a Dual 1GHZ PowerMac. Why. Simple. Windoze.

Oh, by the way, do you have a site that you go to that you are a fan of something there? If so, please post so I can join your forum and sound as ignorant as you.

Sorry, Arn.

10. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Haven't u guys learned by now not to entertain these types of posts?! :rolleyes:

The best thing u can do is to answer the boy's question, and leave him alone. If u start calling him out on his rudeness & possibly start a flamewar, u know what's going to happen. Or u could just ignore him all together if it bothers u that much.

We've seen quite a few of these PeeCee Zealots coming through here in the past 6 months, and where has every single one of them ended up? ;)

11. McFreggle macrumors 6502

McFreggle

Dunno... www.windowsrumors.com or so?

k.

12. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

I agree, and I appologize to Arn, and everyone else. I just don't understand how being an idiot can be so entertaining. I guess I will have to find a Windoze site, and go and taunt their users say "Macs rule, Macs rule" in order to figure out the humor behind it.

Oh, well, I said I never wanted to go back to high school, but it looks like I will have too.

13. spuncan macrumors 6502

One Shortcut

This is my typical response to any WinBlowze user that "dis" us. CTRL+ALT+L any keybaord shortcut designed to do one thing and that only being to lock the keyboard is F'ed up. And actually Macs last much longer then X86's cuz I have a 4y.o. computer siting right here that I use daily bout 3-5 hours a day. now I know a few people that have older ones but most are just antiques that are fun to play w/ like comodores or PC Jr.s . Most people upgrade ther winblowze computers every other year if not sooner. So Macs obviouly last longer. Now as for that error it doesn't exist in X for sure since X doesn't have errors like that it has the very unfrequent kernal panic because its true unix so it has unix errors. Classic may have that and I admit 9 is buggy but much better then WinBlowze.

14. 8thDegreeSavage macrumors 6502

Mach@8tr your a trolling flamebag....why even bother.

You sound like some prissy little design bird who likes to rub his privates while reading the lastest copy of "OSX for Nummies"

sorry admin..i wanted to say that before this was deleted.:D

15. mach@8tr thread starter macrumors newbie

Ignorance is bliss

My knowledge of the Mac OS is most superior to that of anyone that has yet to post. I will be frank OS Xlooks like a million dolla's, but when it comes to it it just doesn't work. The codpy/paste function between OS 9 and OSX have much to be desired ...like nt having to relaunch the finder to get the damn edit button deselected and return to normal use. As for the print button error, that is known to apple as an actual issue. I would like to thank all of you who replied I have reached my conclusion. Use linux, windows users are lame, mac users are "special" and linux users jknow what they are doing
    !!!!!

16. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

Re: Ignorance is bliss

Oh, I get it.

At first I thought that you were trying to engage us Mac faithful in a serious discussion, but now I see you're just talking to hear yourself speak. I was all excited for a little back and forth debate about OS X, and now I realize that you're not here for any productive reason.

Somehow you're getting through life with a weak brain and a loose grasp on the written word. That, in itself, is way more amazing than any OS X Print Centre issues. I bet my OS crashes a lot less than your small mind.

17. mach@8tr thread starter macrumors newbie

At first ......

I have many doubts as to the stability of OS X especially when in a multi-user environment using NFS mounts. If you would like to discuss some things about OS X tfaz. I would be more then happy to reply. Frustration and fatique cause people to get irritable and I needed a vent. If I wanted to hear myself speak I would start talking no typing LOL. OS X is aeestheetically great but there are lots of things to iron out. Tfaz blah blah blah

18. McFreggle macrumors 6502

McFreggle

Re: Re: Ignorance is bliss

Now there there...

Let's not start flaming here...

Mach@8r, if you want to have a serious discussion about the Pros and the Cons of Windows/Mac, let's have it, here and now. If you want to get everybody flaming, and just **** on OS X, stay away. The Supersite for Windows is probably a gr8 place for you.

Kind regards,
    k.

19. mach@8tr thread starter macrumors newbie

Mac OS X 10.0

Every release of OS X from 10.0 to 10.0.4 was a beta. Isn't it great that we got to beta test it and take the risk of losing all of our data. Think before you type tfaz, you are not "king ****"

20. mach@8tr thread starter macrumors newbie

McFreggle

I think my problem was not having a bowl to smoke after Miccy (my iMac) went down last night. I almost lost 200mb of original work. I love macs, they so pretty. You should understand Mcfreggle every one must vent...somehow!!! it was 3am or else I would have went to the pub

21. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

Re: McFreggle

Save it for your shrink. Your dependence on drugs and alcohol only underscores the string of endless frustration that is your life.

22. McFreggle macrumors 6502

McFreggle

Re: McFreggle

Okay, I understand completely... yes, you must vent, but does it has to be on a public forum? Misunderstandings can destroy so much...

I am the last person to say a Mac is perfect, and can't crash (hey, I'm sorry you lost so much date), but I also have allready had a lot of frustrations and troubles with my PC....

Hey, nobody's perfect. And certainly: no platform is perfect.

k.

23. mach@8tr thread starter macrumors newbie

Dr Dr

Yes tfaz I am completely dependant on reefer and booze. They are carrying through my pointless life. Listen buddy, I am going to get serious. I have accomplished more then you could imagine at my age and if I choose to smoke a joint I will. Trying to teach urself everything with a grade 11 education is trying. I must also add I dropped out of high school to promote my company. I may sound like a fool, but I am actually more of an exception. If you met me tfaz, you would laugh ur ass off. because u would then understand why I'm venting. I almost lost a years work because Miccy went down.

24. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

Re: Dr Dr

1. We agree on one thing. I would definitely laugh my ass off if I ever met someone like you.

2. If 200mb equals a year of your life, I would seriously consider throwing myself in front of a train.

25. mach@8tr thread starter macrumors newbie

Text buddy

Convert 200mb into text and see what u have

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.