Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisH3677

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Victoria, Australia
I've had my PB TiBook 1Ghz for 4 months and never had this happen before.

Running on battery it gradually ran down, gave me an 8 minute warning - but then ran for an hour after that.

Strangely though, it ran for around 55 minutes with 0% battery!!

For the first 15 minutes of it at zero, I was using it, surfing the net, downloading more widgets. Then I left it and went to bed. When I connected the power and woke it up, the clocks (widgets) momentarily displayed the time it finally expired - half an hour after i'd left it!!

Now it's not like it was idle all that time, as i have several widgets that use a fair share of CPU (clocks, monitoring etc).

As I'd used it a different times on battery last night i don't know how much total time i got out of the battery this time.

But as I say, every other time I've run the battery down, once it hit 0% it's turned off then.

Does anyone know what might have happened?? Is it simply a case of the battery monitor being way out? I hadn't heard this as a problem for this version of Powerbook or Jaguar (the revised 10.2.8 which fixed battery estimates)

Well as always, I've crapped on too long, sorry!

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
Do you ever let it run all the way down? If you don't, over time the battery and the gauge will go out of sync.

Mine will go off by 10 minutes or so once in a while, but never by an hour.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.