Explanation of order

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by atszyman, Jul 14, 2004.

1. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

My current order :

Anyone know what the Not Applicable applies to? I can't seem to find what part no. 065-4683 is. And why is the AirPort Extreme also called the Country Kit? All of the totals seem correct I was just wondering while I wait for it to ship.

2. U2Rules! macrumors member

I had that same non-applicable code on my 12 in. PB that I ordered last week. I have no idea what it means though?

3. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

It's because you didn't order Keynote preinstalled on your machine. No worries.

4. atszyman thread starter macrumors 68020

atszyman

Kind of what I figured, but since I've been obsessively checking to keep track of when the order ships I thought I'd ask to kill some time and prove that it wasn't a problem.

5. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Maybe I should've answered a little later so you would have something to contemplate... :)

6. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

hahaha! or told him it was the *most* important part of the computer and that it wasn't going to work without it.

good thing we're so nice around here :D :D

7. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

In that case...

"Not Applicable" means that you forgot to add a BIOS to your order and your computer will not boot up but since it's a custom built machine you can't send it back.

Is that better? :)

8. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Hopefully someone else with a current order reads this thread carefully and not just the last post...they could get scared. :D

I wondered if NA meant Virus software or troubleshooting guide..,. both of which would not be necessary with a Mac :D

9. atszyman thread starter macrumors 68020

atszyman

Ok, this managed to kill one day, now my midterm is over, I want my PowerBook....

They sure do seem to be taking their time on getting it out the door. I was supposed to be able to order it last Friday and they were supposed to get it here today or tomorrow. At least that's how it worked in my head. Oh well, hasn't shipped today, probably won't tomorrow, just need to find other things to occupy my time, like why is the airport extreme card listed as "Country Kit/AirPort Extreme"?

Oh well something to ponder tomorrow whilst I compulsively check my order status.

10. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Constantly check a Powerbook order and it never ships...isn't that what Grandma always says?!?!...no wait, that was water boiling. :D

Country having to do with location? Is there different Airports for different countries across the globe...maybe different standards, etc.? Just a guess. Maybe it is a superpowerful one you can use while 300 miles outside of NYC...in the country. :confused:

<-------now being booed off stage.