exporing addressbook to excell?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DJMad, Nov 9, 2006.

1. DJMad macrumors newbie

DJMad

I am trying to figure out how to export my contacts from address book, to excel.

My goal is to be able to use this data for labels, mailing lists, and phone contacts. I am new to this area on computers, if anyone has any suggestions or other applications I should look at that would be amazing.

Thanks
    -Noah

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You could try Office Power Pack, but it might be more powerful (and expensive) than what you need. :eek:

However, you should be able to do what you ask from Address Book itself. What exactly are you wanting to do with the data? Address Book groups are quite powerful and will allow you to send bulk emails. :)

3. DJMad thread starter macrumors newbie

DJMad

This is actually for my mother but as I said I have never had any experience with this. To my understanding she is trying to make a simple database where she can sort her contacts by location, name, etc. She seems set on excel but only for the reason she has used it before. If you have any suggestions of other apps or hacks for address book that will add this functionality, assuming it is not already there that would be a big help.

-Noah

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If she's on Tiger, she can make Smart Groups in the File Menu. She can opt to have all sorts of restrictions such as location or postcode or whatever that will group sets of contacts together. This might be what she's after... :eek:

5. stevep macrumors 6502a

stevep