Export bookmarks from Google Chrome to Safari...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PockieLoli :3, Mar 19, 2010.

1. macrumors member

Oct 31, 2009
    Is there a way to?

I know the PC version of GoogleChrome has an export tool but I can't seem to find one on the Mac beta version. :[
  2. macrumors member

Feb 28, 2010
    The quickest way may be to get another browser import the bookmarks from chrome and export the bookmarks from that new browser. You can also sync the bookmarks to your gmail account and export from there.
  3. macrumors newbie

Nov 23, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    hello there. came across this post while trying to figure out how to "save" my Chrome bookmarks on my Mac so I can re-install the OS and have them handy again. I do have my Gmail acct. synced, and in Google Docs there is a folder on the side bar that says my bookmarks with all the subfolders I've created, but when I click on the folders, it says there are no contents.... any insight/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  4. macrumors member

Feb 14, 2008
    You need to go into the Bookmarks Manager and 'Export Bookmarks' is under Organize.
  5. macrumors 6502

Dec 31, 2009
    Look at Xmarks. It's a browser plugin that works on PC/Mac, Safari, Firefox, Chrome, etc and will sync bookmarks across all your browsers. I use to to sync bookmarks on 4 computers and something like 6 brower instances across those machines.
  6. macrumors regular

Nov 13, 2010
    You can just export the Google Chrome bookmarks and then choose "File --> Import Bookmarks" from Safari. It will import all the bookmarks in a new folder, maintaining the original hierarchy.
  7. macrumors regular

Jan 25, 2011

+1 for this.

I switch between Chrome and Safari a lot and xmarks keeps my bookmarks synced in the background and I never have to think about them again because they are always the same in both browsers.
  8. macrumors newbie

Nov 30, 2012

XMARKS is brilliant thanks. it works across most platforms and browsers.