Exporting a Filmstrip in Final Cut Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by revenuee, Dec 19, 2003.

1. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

This is something i remember being able to do in Premiere back in the day when i use to use it under Windows. I hadn't had the need for this under Final Cut Pro, recently the kinda of projects i've had in mind, i would really like to be able to do it.

What i'm looking for is an "export to filmstrip option, Meaning that when i open the file in photoshop i have all my frames on one image ready for me to manipulate and then resave for porting back into the editing program ... i use to do this under premiere, but not under Final Cut Pro - what i found in final cut pro is "Export to Image sequence" which creates individual image files in a folder for me. This isn't totally bad, but rather than having 300 images open in photoshop for me to work on, i'de rather have on file with the frames all there for me to work on individualy, but with easy reference to the subsequent and post frames.

Any suggestions, or how i could do this?, maybe using image ready?

2. revenuee thread starter macrumors 68020

revenuee

This is didn't get any responses a few weeks ago when i posted, but maybe someone has an answer this time ...

thanks either way

3. sp00rk macrumors newbie

bad news, you cant export a filmstrip from final cut pro, only premiere. is there something specific that you want to do?

4. revenuee thread starter macrumors 68020

revenuee

Individual frame touch up as an example.

wiping out certain background elements.
    such as those that were not filmed on a blue or green screen, but i still want to replace the background

Actually there a opening sequence effect i wanted to do where i wanted to create an outline of the characters,