Exporting calendars, adress book cards and bookmarks?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jiddick ExRex, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

So my boss was unhappy that I lugged an iBook around work one day (my third day on the job) so he gave me a new Macbook c2d. Weeee! How do I go about exporting all the settings and most importantly adresses and calendars to the macbook's new account?

Where and what in the library should I copy from my old user?

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

You should take a look at Migration Assistant. Connect the two computers via FW and you'll be all set. You can pick what you want to transfer.

Edit: you can export vCards from AddressBook by just dragging them all to a folder on the desktop. As for the calendars, you can also export each calendar to the desktop and copy them over as you like. If you're using safari, there is an 'export bookmarks' option in the file menu.

3. Jiddick ExRex thread starter macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

Thx. I was under the impression that the Migration Assistant was not very good to use when going from PPC to Intel? But of course, if you can actually define the databases to export/import that's not a worry.

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

If all you want are the three items you mentioned, I'd go with my second method and just export them to the desktop, then copy them either with a flash drive or using target disk mode if the files are large. Most of those should be small though.

5. tivoboy macrumors 68030

migration asst'?

does the migartion asst, allow a more granular selection of items, compare to the gross list it presents?

When I connected my imac to the macbook, it showed me only four options, personal folder 9GB, applications, 6GB, settings 4GB, nothing specfic. All I really wanted was just the mail and some network settings.