Exporting emails from Apple Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nevso, Mar 24, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

I have just started a new job, my boss has asked to see all the emails I sent in the last job - in .pdf format.
    Exporting to an mbox file is not the solution because I will not be importing the emails to another client. I need to send a PDF file(s) with all (52) emails. I dont want to export each of them individually as text files - will take me days
    http://cdn.macrumors.com/vb/images/smilies/confused.gif
    Any ideas?

2. macrumors 603

justperry

:confused:

Your boss wants WHAT:mad:

Why the hell does he need your email, that's private and I would not give anything to him.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

he is new in the job

He has been shifted sideways and is all at sea trying to understand the system and Ive been there a few months - emails were all made on company machines in company time - says they are company property?

Any way I can export emails from Mail? and then access them with text editor or WORD?

4. macrumors 603

justperry

I tried to drag and drop a few emails on the Desktop and then import them into Adobe acrobat, did not work, not aware of a way but it should be possible somehow.

Oh, and about the new Boss, I thought it was a new employer, if that was the case they have no right to ask, if those emails are from the company's email server they might have the right to do so.

5. macrumors P6

Weaselboy

Go to the Mail folder you want and select all the messages you want printed. You can do a command-a to select all or command-click to just select some. Then hit command-p and a print dialog box will come up. Click PDF at the lower left of that box, then save PDF or mail PDF from the drop down. This will export all the messages you selected to a PDF that can be read on any computer.

[​IMG]

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

exporting emails from Apple Mail in .pdf

Thnks Weaselboy your solution was correct and thankfully my new boss lost his job!!
    :D

7. macrumors P6

Weaselboy

Well everybody loves a happy ending! :D:D