Exporting iPhoto albums to iDVD

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by hkriffraff, Apr 15, 2004.

1. hkriffraff macrumors regular

Oct 6, 2003
    When I export my iPhoto albums to iDVD (containing 50 to 100 photos) and then preview the menu item in iDVD, I find that not all photos get included. Is there a limit to how many photos will work or does it have something to do with chapter markers? How can I get this working?
  2. hkriffraff thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 6, 2003
    And another thing... the photos in the resulting DVD (even when viewed on a computer window) seem to have much lower resolution than the original photos. What am I doing wrong???
  3. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Jan 7, 2003
    Washington, DC
    I believe they're dropped to 640x480 for tv purposes. you won't need anything better anyway if you're burning for tv viewing (well, HDTV I guess, so never mind).

There's a limit of 99 slides. But you should be able to drag the entire slideshow in, and be set. And if you try to take >99, it just won't let you.
  4. hkriffraff thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 6, 2003
    I have slideshows that are under 99 photos and still have the problem. Upon closer examination, it seems that the slideshow runs longer than the music I've selected... but instead of the music repeating while the slideshow continues, the DVD returns to the main menu. Anyone know how to work around this?