Exporting MUSIC from iTunes

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by kenyabob, Jan 28, 2004.

1. kenyabob macrumors regular

I want to make a backup of all my songs that I have in iTunes, but I dont want to just copy the folder, otherwise I have there whole heirarchy of organization, folders of albums within folders of albums. Is there a way I can export all the SONGS to a single folder, so I have a folder filled with 700 songs and not a single other folder?

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

hmm. well i don't know of an easy way, but you could show in list... and then open the folder in list view within the window.. then you can just drag down all the way just on the right edge of the file names, and you probably won't get too many if any folders in it... you'd have to expand all the subfolders too of course... worst case you select all and deselect the folders themselves... a pain of course, but should work nonetheless

3. coolsoldier macrumors 6502

The easiest way to do this that I can think of is to create a folder on your desktop, and then use command-a in iTunes to select all of the songs. Then you can drag the songs right out of iTunes to the folder in the finder. (When you drag a song title in iTunes to the finder, it makes a copy of the song file).

Depending on the speed of your computer, you might need to drag kind of slowly. For some reason, dragging thousands of iTunes songs can make drag-and-drop not-so-smooth on slower computers.