Exporting Outlook 2011 for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by danhogan, Nov 1, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

I've been using Mac Outlook 2011 for about 3 weeks with Lion, after exporting from Outlook 2007 on the PC side. The only export possibilities that the Mac version offers are an OLM file and tab-delimited format. Weirdly, it appears that the tab-delimited version does not export any of the categories that are attached to a contact. In addition, because I have extensive contact notes, including links, the export was basically a wreck.

I want to go back to the PC version. Does anyone know if you can import an olm file back into the PC version of Outlook?

2. macrumors 6502

dianeoforegon

The .olm file can only be used by Outlook 2011 for Mac.

You can export as .mbox by dragging folders to the Desktop. Subfolders have to be dragged individually.

You could try adding the category to one of the custom fields that export to tab delimited.

Another option is to export contacts by category as .olm file, then import the .olm file into a new Identity. You can then select to export by tab delimited. Since these are all one category, you can easily assign all to a category field you define in Excel.

See this link for other options: http://www.office.mvps.org/cross_platform/mac_win.html