Exporting tabs from firefox

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wordmunger, Jan 24, 2007.

1. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Occasionally I'll be surfing with Firefox and need to move to another computer. Anyone know a quick way to send all my tabs to a new computer? Either a plugin or just a method from within Firefox would be cool.

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

3. wordmunger thread starter macrumors 603

wordmunger

No, I mean tabs. I don't want to bookmark every single site I've got tabbed, just get them onto a different computer. But I think the google app is going to do the trick. I'll report back once I've got it installed.

4. wordmunger thread starter macrumors 603

wordmunger

Okay, this clearly works, but it may be a little more powerful than what I really need. It seems to automatically sync all the time; I just need to do it occasionally. I'll work with it a while and see how I like it.

5. wordmunger thread starter macrumors 603

wordmunger

For anyone who's interested, I'd have to say this software works quite well. I'm not sure I like it syncing everything, but it's a good way to get a session with a whole bunch of tabs from one computer to another (and you can specify what you want to sync). Nice program.

FYI, it requires a Google account to work.

6. wordmunger thread starter macrumors 603

wordmunger

Okay, I've now had more time with this app, and I've changed my mind: it's too unreliable for my needs. It's almost completely random whether it remembers your tabs from one session to another.

I've now uninstalled it and I'm using del.icio.us for keeping track of sites I want to visit on another computer. Much more reliable, and del.icio.us even has a Firefox plugin that is very easy to use.

7. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2888/history/
    Gmarks will add ur bookmark to google server, whenever u need, just add bookmark groups from firefox menu, and choose to add them at google. then just goto another computer, access it from gmarks.