Exporting to Television

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Boone, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Boone macrumors newbie

All right, I'm on an iMac flat panel, and am making a flash cartoon. What is the cheapest way to get it onto my television screen without much loss of quality? I have a DVD player, and used to burn VCD's on my windows machine (though they were always worthless disks with terrible audio and video). Any suggestions?

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

If you have, or upgrade to, a DVD burner, that's the best way, since iDVD has such great options for making fully-customized DVDs with menus. VCDs are an option, if you really want... You could also get an adaptor to component AV out, and display right on a TV or record to video tape...

in short, it really depends on what you want to do with it... take it with you and show lots of people? distribute it? just show it to a few friends at your place?

pnw

3. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Billicus

Re: Exporting to Television

Does your iMac have a superdrive in it? That can burn Dvd's and Cd's, as well as read both. Or, like Paul said, you could get an external Dvd Burner. I, however, don't believe that iDvd works with external burners. :rolleyes:

4. e-coli macrumors 68000

e-coli

5. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

And if you're going to DVD, make sure your audio is at 48Khz!

Missed that one first time round myself...:D

iDVD will work with external burners, there's a patch on usenet.

Getting video out of Macs has always been a bit of a journey, unless your prepared to install said video card or get something like the Dazzle firewire bridge or the FORMAC TV box, both of which are pricey.

You could buy a PowerBook and use the built-in S-video port... now I'm just being cruel:)