Exposé bug or feature?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by Veldek, May 23, 2004.

1. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

I found out that using Expose to reveal your desktop has an interesting effect. I used Safari and then activated Exposé. The status bar was still visible at the upper edge. Now, when I moved the cursor over the desktop, the status bar changed. What has happened?

Well, when I reached the point where the MacPolls link was located in the Safari window, the status bar showed "Go to www.macpolls.com", when I moved the cursor around, I could see the staus bar change to what it should when the Safari window was visible (but it wasn't, as I saw the desktop).

Now, what does this mean? It seems, that the Safari window worked as if it was still in the foreground, but why?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Hmmm...can you get a picture of this? I couldn't replicate it. Maybe its just a bug/glitch? I've noticed weird things like this every once in a while with Expose. But it sounds like this happens consistently for you, which is new to me.....

3. Veldek thread starter macrumors 68000

Veldek

I could, but all you'd see were different status bars. Nevermind, I'll just attach them...

4. eyefragment macrumors newbie

Yeah, it happens on my machine as well. It just has something to do with how apple programmed exposé. I don't see how it would be a feature or a bug. It doesn't seem to harm nor help the user.

5. Veldek thread starter macrumors 68000

Veldek

That's true, but I found it a little annoying, because it means that the window still seems to be there, just not visible. I don't know if this perhaps has any bad consequences, that's why I posted it.