Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What window management system would you prefer in Lion?

• Exposé as it was in Leopard (space effective and preserves relative window sizes)

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • Exposé as it is in Snow Leopard (neat but all windows same size)

Votes: 20 16.3%
  • Mission Control as it is (but without the obvious bugs)

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • Mission Control but with old Spaces (grid)

Votes: 20 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

amarcus

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
London, UK
Ideally I'd want both old leopard exposé and mission control (without the bugs) in lion. I really do feel there's a place for both of them!

Jagardn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2011
I hate to say it but... I like it.

Exactly, to me having all of your windows organized by app with the app icon makes more sense than any of the rest. The only improvement I wished for in SL was to have the icon assigned to the windows in Expose for easy quick visual reference.

ohsnap

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2004
I wish I could assign different applications to different desktops as in Leopard/Snow Leopard.

Typswif2fingers

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2010
Dubai, UAE
I wish I could assign different applications to different desktops as in Leopard/Snow Leopard.

I think you can by going into the dock menu from memory (sorry not on Lion now). If you right click when the app is open it will give you the black box in which you can choose the options. From memory it is the last option at the bottom, or something like that.

dolphin842

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2004
I won't pass judgement on Mission Control until I use it. Currently I'm using the 10.5-style Expose in Snow Leopard: for me, 10.6's Expose was buggy, slow, and not as elegant. For 10.7, I doubt I'll be able to insert the older Dock.app like I am currently, so I'm hoping that the app-based window grouping will convince me of its usefulness.

hehe299792458

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2008
I won't pass judgement on Mission Control until I use it. Currently I'm using the 10.5-style Expose in Snow Leopard: for me, 10.6's Expose was buggy, slow, and not as elegant. For 10.7, I doubt I'll be able to insert the older Dock.app like I am currently, so I'm hoping that the app-based window grouping will convince me of its usefulness.

Tried it. Didn't work. OS X has nice features, but compared to the usability of SL, 10.7 is horrid. It's practically Apple's Vista.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.