Expose isnt working!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by russed, Apr 1, 2004.

1. russed macrumors 68000

russed

hi, i was just wondering if anyone is/has had this problem - expose has stopped working! if i press f9, f10, or f11 nothing happens other than i get a loud beep at me (like the one when you do something that you shouldnt). in properties f9, f10 and f11 are still set as the bottons to use so i am confused! any ideas? thanks

2. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

not sure if this is relevant, but if there are no windows at all, you get the error beep for all expose functions. also, for "expose all windows for an app" (F10?), if there's only one window for the current app, you get a beep as well.

3. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Not on my Mac...

I didn't own a PowerBook yet but is it possible you have the "fn" key activated or something like that?

4. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

i have a PB 12" rev. A... "fn" has to be held down to be activated. and at least on my PB, F9-11 aren't assigned any alternative functions (contrast or volume control, for example), so it works the same whether or not "fn" is held down.

5. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    On my PB, f9 etc are my brightness controls. I remapped the Expose buttons to f11, f12

6. HexMonkey Administrator

HexMonkey

Staff Member

When I first installed 10.3, Exposé didn't work until I restarted the computer, so you could try that.