Expose Question

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by m-dogg, Jan 14, 2005.

1. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

let me start by saying that I just got my first mac ever (a new iMac) last week.

last night I spend close to an hour just opening tons of different sized windows and using expose.

is this normal or is this the first sign of a mac addiction problem?

or both? :)

2. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

First just wanna say CONGRATS on your first Mac :)

Now back to you question: Who's to say being addicted to a Mac isn't normal :p (yea I don't if that even makes sense, lol) But yes I love Eposé as well. Very handy feature.

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    It's only a sign of Mac addiction when everytime your friends are visiting, you spend all your time opening and exposeing windows to show them how cool your new Mac is and otherwise ignore them. :p

4. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

For a new Mac owner, it's nothing to worry about. It's not completely normal, but you shouldn't worry about playing with your new iMac.

However, if this continues on, it may not be healthy for you nor your iMac. If you find yourself staying home from work next week just to play with your iMac and Expose, then you've got problems. In that case, I recommend going to AA (if you're in the US) to try to let go, and just use it as a computer. Cold turkey is definitely not the answer, especially with your Mac. Instead, just ease up on the use, and use those functions like Expose when you need them.

Which should just be about every day of your life. ;) :D
    -Chase

5. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

People at work ask if I have stock in Apple... Yes, i'm sick. ;)

6. PickledSquirrel macrumors regular

PickledSquirrel

Hehe when I first started running Panther, I went "Whoosh" under my breath everytime i minimized a window. Then I discovered exposé. And then quicksilver. m-dogg, I believe you'll feel right at home here in MR :D

-Squirrel

7. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

Well with my slight background in psychology, If you are spending an hour playing with Expose that would probably be interfearing with your day or schedule thus you have a problem. :)

OCD?

8. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry