Expose settings

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by gundam, Nov 11, 2003.

1. gundam macrumors member

The Expose settings on my Powerbook are set to the standard F9/F10/F11, but with the F9 & F10 keys, I have to hold down fn before it works. How can I correct this?

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't know. Did this start happening after going to Panther 10.3.1?

Ever since going to v10.3.1, every time I go to Apple>About This Mac, the proper window will appear, but the Character Palette will also appear for no reasonm which would allow me to easily insert Greek text into my posts, except that I don't actually need Greek text!!! Its quite annoying. :rolleyes:

3. gundam thread starter macrumors member

No, it's been this way ever since I installed Panther (clean install). Why?!

4. zroll1 macrumors newbie

It depends. If u have a new Aluminum Powerbook then these function keys are taken by the backlighting keyboard. If you want change them go to the Expose pref pane and as you are loooking at the diffent keys you can use hold down a modifier key.

5. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

You can't use the standard keys, obviously, since they are used for your backlit keyboard. You will just have to change them. Right now I have the fn key as my "tile all windows" button, F11 as "all application windows", F12 as "show desktop" and the bottom left as "show desktop" and bottom right as "tile all windows". It makes for a pretty nice Exposé setup until I someday find an awesome multi-button BT mouse to use. I really want one of those Kensington studio mice with the touchpad scroll, optical tracking, etc, but the dang thing is RF instead of BT.

6. notkevin macrumors member

I prefer to use the corners of the screen vs the FX keys. It is a lot easier to access via the touchpad then the laptop keyboard.

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

8. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I tried the floating blue blob but didn't like it. I like the screen corners, but have to turn them off before playing games because whenever I scroll around in sim/adventure/rpg games, I get that annoying system beep when it thinks I am trying to activate Exposé when in reality, I am trying to scroll to the edge of the screen.