Expose - Show All

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jive, Sep 11, 2006.

1. jive macrumors 6502a

This is just something I found out, when you have Expose to Show All (F9 for me) then if you press Tab it'll cycle through all open programs. It makes sense but I just discovered it.

Hmm, slightly informative post ftw?

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Yeah, it works the same for F10 as well. It's a handy feature, means you can swap apps and windows without your hands leaving the keyboard.

3. n8236 macrumors 65816

dude, gross! (in a very good way)

I keep finding bits and pieces of OSX i never b4. Is there a compilation of all these sweet tips somewhere? I wanna know it all!

4. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

Well, when you tab under exposé, it defaults to F10 view and cycles all open applications.

Here's one for others to try. You know about holding shift down and minimising does it in slow motion, well hold down ctrl and minimise and it goes a little slower than normal, but not by much.

5. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

This is a handy feature I must say - especially when using a laptop.

6. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

Wow, I'd never known that. I have Expose mapped to a mouse button though, so it doesn't make it any easier to me.

7. rhoydotp macrumors 6502

rhoydotp

cool ... i normally use CMD-Tab to cycle thru applications. this actually includes hidden apps as well.unlike Expose, which only cycles trough active windows (on the workspace)

8. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

Well, unconvinced you were right, I pressed cmd-h to hide Camino. I then F9ed and tabbed through and no sign of it anywhere.

How exactly did you hide the application that subsequently showed up? What did you do when it did show up, F9/F10 then tab or something else?

9. rhoydotp macrumors 6502

rhoydotp

I press, CMD-H to hide the app. To get it back, either click on the icon on the dock or use the CMD-Tab, then click on the icon. You can even try, CMD-Tab, use the mouse to point to the icon (no need to click), then release the CMD-Tab.