Expose'-what am I missing?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by Stevp1, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Stevp1 macrumors regular

Just got a new 17" PB (It's wonderful!), but this is my 1st Mac in over 10 years. (Still have my LCII). I can't seem to get Expose to work. If I press F9 or F10, I get a shadow error window of some kind with the symbol that's on those keys, with a circle/slash and nothing happens. If I hit F11, the windows clear to the desktop like they're supposed to, but the 9 and 10 keys don't do anything. What am I doing wrong?

2. Macpoops macrumors 6502

you sure your running panther? And didn't but a pre-panter release PB 17 from a brick and mortar store

3. alphaq619 macrumors member

By default on the 15" and 17" PowerBook, F9, F10, F11 are reserved for controlling the backlighting on the keyboard. To activate Expose, you have to push function (fn) + F9, etc. You can change which buttons activate Expose in the System Preferences.

4. Stevp1 thread starter macrumors regular

got it, thanks Alpha.

It's definetly Panther. Latest and Greatest. The Fn button is what I was missing. Thanks!

5. kaosfere macrumors member

If you don't like having to hold down Fn to access the "real" function keys, you might want to check out uControl.

6. FlamDrag macrumors 6502

I don't have mine in front of me right now, but I'm pretty sure that you can set the "fn" on/off option in the control panel without downloading anything else.