Expose windows

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by demfis, Jul 28, 2004.

1. demfis macrumors newbie

Dear all,

Does anyone know of an application that allows to re-position windows when using expose's "All Windows" or "Application Windows"?. Thanks.

df

2. garybUK Guest

garybUK

3. garybUK Guest

garybUK

or a better one looks like winplosion http://www.winplosion.com/

oops i missread windows to mean Microsoft Windows .... /me goes hides in a corner :)

4. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

yeah, i'm pretty sure he meant he wanted to move the windows around on his mac while using expose. unfortunately, i have not come across any software that allows this, and i wonder if any such software will ever be made (or if it is even possible since that goes against the very purpose of expose). all you can really do is choose the specific window you would like to bring forward when using expose by either arrowing over to it or clicking on it. sorry.

5. demfis thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes what I am after is being able to move the windows around. Expose is fantastic when having streaming charts for stocks as one can see all the open charts at a glance. Then to take a closer look, just click on the desired chart. The wish is to be able to organize those charts on the screen.

df

6. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

demfis -
    You don't need to move the windows in Expose mode. The way Expose organizes your windows is based on the way they're arranged on screen - therefore, the way to get what you want is to arrange the windows on-screen in such a way that they appear the way you want them in Expose. The other alternative is to use Expose's current application mode instead of all windows mode.

7. demfis thread starter macrumors newbie

Dear wrldwzrd89, thank you for the reply.

I understand under most circumstances moving the windows is not necessary indeed. Hence I am looking for a third application. The need comes when wanting to "organized" windows that have been resized by expose. The perfect example is the one I described above where one has several windows with streaming stock charts. When activating the "Applications Windows" expose's options the windows are still being refresh by the stream dispited they are in expose mode. This is ideal for seeing all the opened charts at a glance and then allowing to take a closer look to one of them by bringing it to the front.

df

8. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356