Express voltage conversion...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by misterman8, Sep 30, 2005.

1. misterman8 macrumors member

I am currently studying in the UK for a year (from the US). I have an Express back at home that I was thinking of having shipped over here. The questionI have is this. Can I just get another of Apple's "World adapter kits" and slap a new plug adapter on it, or do I have to run it through a Voltage stepdown unit? Thanks,

2. .:*Robot Boy*:. macrumors 6502

According to Apple's Technical Specifications for the AirPort Express, the AirPort Express operates at any voltage from 100V-240V. So, no, you won't need a step-down transformer, just a UK plug that you can snap in :)

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    It most definitely does work. I brought mine back from the US, snapped on the UK plug from a spare iPod charger and off we went.

I guess since part of the marketing is focused on the different profiles and being able to go wireless in hotels, it makes sense for it to be multi-voltage.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

If you don't mind it looking a little untidy and want to save some cash don't buy the Apple World adaptor set. A standard figure of 8 cable works just as well, but should cost far less : Under £3