Exquisite Irony!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by skunk, Dec 25, 2005.

1. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

http://nytimes.com/2005/12/25/inter...&en=7b29c9b497aa37eb&ei=5094&partner=homepage

2. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

Not a hint of tongue-in-cheek, I am sure :rolleyes:

"No Iraq, you're not having your prisoners back, not until we've instigated regime change in your jail system."

3. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

There's only one answer. We obviously have to re-invade and occupy them. Not becuse we want to, but because it's the right thing to do. And we will continue to re-invade and occupy Iraq, establishing new, democratic governments with every effort, until they get the idea that they cannot flout international law or UN resolutions.

We can not and will not let the terrorists win!

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

No, no... until you learn how to torture them correctly you can't have them. Fill this basement with sewage, get some louder speakers, and bring some dogs in. Let's get a naked guy-pile going. Then we'll talk.

5. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Seriously though, have you read about what Iraqis are doing to Iraqi prisoners?

6. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

also could be stated as, "have you read about what the shiites are doing to sunni prisoners?"

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Is it any worse than what we're doing to them? Cuz, if so... it must be pretty bad.

8. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Exactly what I mean.

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I hear it is worse. Outside of the deaths we've caused under 'intense interrogation' of course. Electric shocks, nails pulled out, obvious intense beatings, something about melting plastic. That kind of thing.

But hey, at least they're OUR torturers. Or Iran's. I'm not sure.

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I feel so much better now. Glad to know we're leaving them in such capable hands. Except, you know, the fact that we can never leave.

:(