Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
well, i did the deed. sold it for $1500 cash. i was able to keep my Mighty Mouse and the Airport Extreme card. coolest part of this transaction... the buyer GAVE me her Dual 1Ghz Quicksilver G4 for free, minus all the RAM and hard drives. but hey, this thing might even be able to hold me over for a while. i miss my G5 already but it was the right thing to do. :)

jrk07

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2005
tjwett said:
well, i did the deed. sold it for $1500 cash. i was able to keep my Mighty Mouse and the Airport Extreme card. coolest part of this transaction... the buyer GAVE me her Dual 1Ghz Quicksilver G4 for free, minus all the RAM and hard drives. but hey, this thing might even be able to hold me over for a while. i miss my G5 already but it was the right thing to do. :)

Awesome dude! Now you just gotta figure out if you can find a hard drive and ram for less than the price of a cheap mac mini. You just made out on a great deal, especially if the quicksilver is in perfect working order (after installing the missing parts).

tjwett

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
jrk07 said:
Awesome dude! Now you just gotta figure out if you can find a hard drive and ram for less than the price of a cheap mac mini. You just made out on a great deal, especially if the quicksilver is in perfect working order (after installing the missing parts).

yeah, this thing may very well be in need of serious help, she doesn't know if it's working or not. i'll put in a few bucks for RAM and storage but i ain't paying to put in a new logic board. still cool to give it to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.