"Extended" Warranty for MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by w8ing4intelmacs, Mar 14, 2006.

1. w8ing4intelmacs macrumors 6502a

I plugged my serial number into support.apple.com just to see what it said. It states:

"Our records indicate that your product is covered under Apple’s Limited Warranty and your estimated date of purchase was 28-Mar-06. Based on this data, your product will be covered by Apple service warranty for 378 more days."

Wow, two extra weeks of warranty! for free!

2. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Perhaps they are giving you extra days because it took the MBP so long to ship? I hope they do the same for me. They owe me five weeks.

3. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

mmmcheese

Maybe they know something we don't....like 2006 being longer than other years.

4. superwoman macrumors regular

Why is 28-Mar your "estimated" date of purchase? When and where did you order it?

5. Jedda macrumors regular

Jedda

Those estimates are useless.

When it comes down to it, Apple will go by the date that you first purchased the computer, or more probably, when it was dispatched from the Apple warehouse.

6. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

Maxiseller

They have done the same thing with my iBook purchased last year.

I purchased on 8th March 2005, and they have my purchase down as the 21st! Technically, I'm therefore still in warranty even though Ive had my iBook over a year...

Interesting :confused: