Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snh628

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2005
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone out there is using a Macbook pro with an external display. I have a Samsung LCD tv/monitor that I used with my Powerbook as an external display with no problems. With the Macbook, it seems like everything has a blue tinge on the external display. When I use it as a tv, I don't have this blue tinge though. What could the problem be? Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

ETA: I've tried using another color profile and doing a manual calibration, but that doesn't seem to work!

mmmcheese

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2006
snh628 said:
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone out there is using a Macbook pro with an external display. I have a Samsung LCD tv/monitor that I used with my Powerbook as an external display with no problems. With the Macbook, it seems like everything has a blue tinge on the external display. When I use it as a tv, I don't have this blue tinge though. What could the problem be? Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

ETA: I've tried using another color profile and doing a manual calibration, but that doesn't seem to work!

Check your monitor cable for bent pins and/or shorts. If one of the wires for one of the colours is broken (likely red in this case), it would be tinted blue. Wiggle around the cable and see if things change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.