Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JOD8FY

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 22, 2004
United States
Hello Everyone,

I have a few questions about external enclosures. I didn't even know they existed until about two days ago, so I'm new to this. I need an enclosure that can house both an internal hard drive and an internal DVD burner. Is this possible? Do you know where I might look for something like this? I plan to do some video editing, so that's why I need the hard drive and the burner. Thanks so much for helping me get this far and any help on this latest topic would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
JOD8FY

P.S. - I'm also considering buying Final Cut Express 2. Has anyone used this? What did you think of it?

thehuncamunca

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2003
NJ
check out ebay that's where i got mine
you will want one with a FW port rather than USB2 since it will be faster
i haven't seen one that houses 2 drives though i image they exist

JOD8FY said:
Hello Everyone,

I have a few questions about external enclosures. I didn't even know they existed until about two days ago, so I'm new to this. I need an enclosure that can house both an internal hard drive and an internal DVD burner. Is this possible? Do you know where I might look for something like this? I plan to do some video editing, so that's why I need the hard drive and the burner. Thanks so much for helping me get this far and any help on this latest topic would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
JOD8FY

P.S. - I'm also considering buying Final Cut Express 2. Has anyone used this? What did you think of it?

hanq

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2003
oh yeah and i bought harddrives from here too. they have really good deals. check there specials everyonce in a while.

wickster

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2004
Final Cut Express is a good program for the money. I'm not sure exactly how much it runs for now but if you can I would befriend a student because of the education discounts. They are quite hefty and really worth the time it takes to get someone else to buy your software. The program is awesome especially if you can't afford FCP. Garageband and FCE would be a perfect bundle to get your hands on. Your own videos and your own un-copyrighted music. Anyway its worth the money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.