External Hard Drive Search

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by rockandrule, Dec 27, 2004.

1. rockandrule macrumors 6502

I was recently up at my local Barnes and Noble purchasing a few books, and I decided to flip through a few of the Mac mags they had up there. When I was looking through one I came across an external hard drive that was designed like a G5 (aluminum with the grill). I did not catch the brand and model of this, and I was wondering if anyone knew what this product was. Please help me out a little here!
    Thanks a lot.

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....is this the one you are looking for.....oh yeah!

3. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

4. rockandrule thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, that is definitely the one I was looking at! Thanks a bunch. I am looking into getting an external hard drive (sorry I failed to mention). I have a few months before purchase though. My PowerBook is a graduation present, so it may be a while before I get it. Unless, my parents are overly gratious and get me off of this Gateway.
    Thanks a lot! Anymore recommendations would be great.

I have looked into LaCie drives, but I have had some pretty bad experiences with them in my Television Production classes, but then again that is with a punch of kids screwing with them.