external HD with frontrow

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by stagecustom, Nov 4, 2006.

1. stagecustom macrumors regular

hey guys, i am looking at getting a 250GB external for 100 CAD. :eek: now, if i rip say some family guy and seinfeld episodes and put them in folders on the external like seinfeld season 1 etc. can they be playable in front row? same goes for music if i put some music aside from my library on the external will front row see it?
    Thanks

2. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

Frontrow uses iTunes in the background for Music, or did when I had my iMac G5, so that should work with the library on the external HD.

Not sure about the Movies... unless you lump them into iTunes as well?

3. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

I put Aliases pointing to folders containing movies / trailers that reside on an external hard drive in my Movies folders in my home directory. Works great in front row, and causes no problems when the external drive is not connected.

not sure about iTunes though, unless all you music is on the external

4. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

so if i get an external hard drive, i could a movies folder on a external and then put the alias of that in my home toolbar/folder and it would work, when hard drive is connected and turned on?

5. krestfallen macrumors member

krestfallen

correct. i do the same thing. alias of the external movie-folder in the home/movies folder and you're done.