External HDD Case

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by semaja2, Jan 24, 2006.

1. semaja2 macrumors 6502a

Hey guys i was wondering what you would suggest for a HDD case, these are the things i would like

Looks nice
    Stackable with other cases
    Plenty of cooling
    Quiet
    Firewire and USB

i have about 70 bucks to buy 2

PS australian prices

2. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

AU$35 each?? I think you'll be lucky. Either that, or I'm moving over there... a portable HDD caddy with FW costs around £35 here.

3. semaja2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

well if i have to only buy one i guess ill have to live with that

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Can you get these in Aus? They are not great to look at but work well, are cheap and stackable. I've got a couple of these and they are good for the money.

(UK price £23 == AUD 54 which is way more that the 35 target but is about as cheap as I have ever managed to get in the UK).

5. adk macrumors 68000

adk

6. ChrisA macrumors G4

Tere must be 100 to choose from

They start at about $15 USD here. Shipping to AU will cost as much uless you buy a full case of maybe 50 units. Look at this site. www.pricewatch.com you type what you need in the search box and it returns a list of vendors supplying the part sorted by price. Many will ship overseas many won't. One hint. You likey do NOT want to deal with the vendoe offring the lowest price and Do read the reviews of each vendors.

Edit: Just re-read you question. If you want firewire prices start at US$ 35. not 15.

7. semaja2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

well i wouldnt mind hose lego blocks :p but there just not my look, i guess ill have to look around more to find some, is there any brand names you would suggest, becuase my old one was a cheap no brand and screwed up