External Keyboard Numerical Keys Freezing apps

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by alkil47, Feb 11, 2004.

1. alkil47 macrumors member

Mar 9, 2003
    Hi guys,

Ok, I have a 12 inch pb, its been a really good and a faithful little laptop, but today something happened and I am not sure what it is.

The numerical key pad on the right hand side of my keyboard doesn't work (external keyboard), only the 0-9 don't work, the numbers across the top do . When I do press no them the numbers don't turn up on the screen and it also freezes the application that's in use. I have done the following.

- Thought it was the number lock.

- Tried 5 other keyboards of all different Mac generations.

- Plugged in the usb to the other port.

- Repaired all permissions.

- Reinstalled panther.

And still no joy. If any one has heard of this happening or if you have any ideas I would be greatful hearing if you have any ideas on this matter, I know its not a big deal but I have a terrible habit of using them in my key board shot cuts and its driving me crazy.

2. alkil47 thread starter macrumors member

Mar 9, 2003
    Figured it out - found it out, there is a thing called checking you key pad , Hit the alt button five times and it turns off the key pad numbers and locks the num lock, hit it another 5 times it will turn them all back on. It locks the numbers on your key pad and the number lock as well. I haven't heard of this before it took ages to find any info about it... oh well 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999 hehe