External monitor vs icurve ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Hobbit, May 29, 2006.

1. Hobbit macrumors member

Jun 24, 2005
    My macbook is arriving tomorrow (hopefully). I will use it most of the time at home and as you know laptops are not really user-friendly when it comes to sitting posture.

Do you recommend i buy an external monitor or would icurve be enough?

If you think external monitor is the solution...is there anything i need to keep in mind before buying one and any recommendations from the UK market (best value for money)?

Thank you.
  2. Johnny.MacLeod macrumors newbie

Feb 14, 2006
    Glasgow, Scotland, U.K
    Well I use an external monitor and an iCurve.

However if you are looking or a cheap monitor then look for something like an Acer or perhaps you could go with a dell.

It all depends on the quality and size you are after. I use a 20" ACD or the quality, size and design.
  3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

Jul 24, 2002
    I'd go for an external monitor as you can buy a nice screen with higher resolution and brightness than the built in screen.

Dell make good quality, reasonably priced screens. Until recently Dell UK had the 2005FPW on sale for a really good price but it's now disappeared totally, probably to be replaced with a more up-to-date model.
  4. Caitlyn macrumors 6502a

Jun 30, 2005
    External monitar for me too. Then you get extra an expanded desktop, not just an elevated screen. You'll enjoy the external much much more! :)
  5. mcpix macrumors regular

May 13, 2005
    Obviously, an external monitor would be better. However, I really like the new Macbook screen, and I think you would also be happy (and save some money!) with an icurve.
  6. Anoi macrumors member

May 18, 2006
    I use my old LG 1780u display with my MacBook, and it really is much better for sitting at the desk with. I don't know how you could have a cheap and ugly Dell on your desk though :p