External monitor vs icurve ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Hobbit, May 29, 2006.

1. Hobbit macrumors member

My macbook is arriving tomorrow (hopefully). I will use it most of the time at home and as you know laptops are not really user-friendly when it comes to sitting posture.

Do you recommend i buy an external monitor or would icurve be enough?

If you think external monitor is the solution...is there anything i need to keep in mind before buying one and any recommendations from the UK market (best value for money)?

Thank you.

2. Johnny.MacLeod macrumors newbie

Johnny.MacLeod

Well I use an external monitor and an iCurve.

However if you are looking or a cheap monitor then look for something like an Acer or perhaps you could go with a dell.

It all depends on the quality and size you are after. I use a 20" ACD or the quality, size and design.

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I'd go for an external monitor as you can buy a nice screen with higher resolution and brightness than the built in screen.

Dell make good quality, reasonably priced screens. Until recently Dell UK had the 2005FPW on sale for a really good price but it's now disappeared totally, probably to be replaced with a more up-to-date model.

4. Caitlyn macrumors 6502a

External monitar for me too. Then you get extra an expanded desktop, not just an elevated screen. You'll enjoy the external much much more! :)

5. mcpix macrumors regular

Obviously, an external monitor would be better. However, I really like the new Macbook screen, and I think you would also be happy (and save some money!) with an icurve.

6. Anoi macrumors member

I use my old LG 1780u display with my MacBook, and it really is much better for sitting at the desk with. I don't know how you could have a cheap and ugly Dell on your desk though :p