External Monitor with Bootcamp and MAcbook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by thenewguy, Dec 9, 2006.

1. thenewguy macrumors regular

Hey everyone.

I just installed Bootcamp and am trying to get my 37" HDTV to work with my macbook pro while in Windows. It works perfectly in OSX (duh), but in Windows it seems like it recognizes the screen but when I hit "Extend my desktop onto new screen" or whatever it says, nothing happens.

I'd also like to make it so that the external screen is the main screen, so I can play games on it. Any idea how to go about that?

thanks!

2. thenewguy thread starter macrumors regular

OK, I got the monitor to work. First as only an external monitor, by going into the advanced settings and under the display tab, fiddling with those 4 boxes. Then, by fiddling a bit more I have the external 37" HDTV as my primary monitor, but the problem now is resolution - I can't find a resolution that works properly. either it is being stretched way far (in 1280x720/6) or its quite crisp but in 4:3 format. That happens when I hit "force 720p" in the monitor menu. But! when I do that I get these very strange wavy artifacts about 2/3 of the way up the screen. they're not very noticable, but they're there.

the main issue I'm concerned with now is getting this Olevia 337h connected via VGA to work at a native resolution!

Any thoughts?

thanks all

3. Cybersun macrumors newbie

Cybersun

What advaced settings?

Hi!
    I'm afraid I can't help you with that, but I really want to know what you meant by "First as only an external monitor, by going into the advanced settings and under the display tab, fiddling with those 4 boxes." Can you be more specific?

(c: Cybersun