Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asting

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
Acer is a pretty reputable brand. I don't have any experience with that particular model, however i use a couple of 21.5" as my main displays, and have used a 23" pretty extensively. I haven't run benchmarks on them (brightness, etc), but they seem very nice in normal use. I'll be calibrating them next to try and get even more value out of it.

It's not an IPS display, so half the people here will knock it down for that reason, but for the price it seems a very good deal.

falterego

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2008
Southern California
We have a number of these in the 22" model at our office. They are not very bright, but for the price it is hard to complain. Has a 3 year warranty (at least in the USA) and none of them have died after 2 years.

Nova Sensei

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2012
I'd hold off for a while if you can - there are some really nice monitors (LG IPS7 for example) with very thin bezels coming out soon. That should precipitate a broader industry shift and soon we can live bezel free and happy.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
Pc world often have acer monitors in, might be worth a trip to your local store as they might have one set up so you can see it before you order?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.