External Speakers for eMac

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by AppleScruffs, Mar 19, 2004.

1. AppleScruffs macrumors newbie

Hi, I have a new eMac but the speakers just dont get loud enough for me. What kind of speakers should I get? Is there any other way to hook up speakers to my eMac besides USB? I heard that it kind of sucks having speakers hooked up to USB. I've been looking at Creature Speakers, Apple Pro, and Harmon Kardon Soundsticks but I dont really know. I just want something loud for parties and movies.

2. KC9AIC macrumors 6502

KC9AIC

Your eMac has a headphone port. I've used that as a line-out to drive speakers, up to levels that allowed me to hear them outside, or feel the music from 5 meters away. Your best bet is probably to get a 2.1 system, as that will use your stereo channels, and will add in a subwoofer, necessary for any grooving sound for parties. Newegg.com is a very good (and cheap!) online retail outlet. I have a link for a seach of their 2.1 speaker systems here. Hope this helps.

Edit: fixed link

3. KC9AIC macrumors 6502

KC9AIC

There's a thread about 2.1 speakers here. Hope you make a good decision.

4. Ambie macrumors newbie

eMacs are born with very low speaker volume / volume needs to be almost to the top notch just to get normal external sound / iMacs were the opposite, sometimes even on the first level they were loud

don't know why