external storage

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by thumb, Oct 12, 2006.

1. thumb macrumors 6502

Hi all,

I am looking for an external hard drive for my mac mini (my photography habit quickly filled the little HDD).

I can compare the specs and prices just fine, but I would like to find something that is QUIET. any suggestions?

cheers,

thumb

oh, and I am thinking of something in the 200 to 500 GB range.

2. Queso macrumors G4

Get one of the ones with the same form footprint as the mini. They look good with your mini on top and also include firewire and USB hubs for more expansion.

Lacie

Iomega

I've seen the Iomega one with 320GB capacity too.

3. kgarchar macrumors 6502

i've seen a bunch of 250-320 gb hard drives on ebay for around $100-120, but i'm skeptical on how dependable they are. if you want to get it and have it match the mini, definitely get one of the nice ones

4. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

As dynamicV said above there is the LaCie mini which is designed to be stackable with your Mini.

I just bought the LaCie mini (without the hub). Figure if I'd need another external later I can buy another and stack it :cool:. I do not own a Mac Mini though.

Also with the LaCie Mini with Hub I read reviews where the additional ports included are on the SIDE of the mini and not back. Just and FYI.

The 250GB mini I ordered is on backorder for 7-10 days. It's only $150 too!