Extra iPhoto folders?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stoneage, Sep 26, 2006.

1. stoneage macrumors regular

Sep 21, 2002
    Directly above the center of the Earth.
    Since upgrading to iPhoto6 I have a lot of what look like extra folders in ther Pictures/iPhoto Library folder. This is typical of what is included in all the folders. Are these necessary or can I trash them. The Originals folder appears to contain the actual pictures.
    The picture is too small for some to read, but basically all the folders at the top are labled by year,month, etc., end up with a Data folder containing an xxxx.attr file. Are these left over from the iPhoto upgrade, and can they be deleted?

Attached Files:

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    In the actual iPhoto Library folder, I think you can remove all the folders named after years (2005 and so on). Of course, a good way to test if this is kosher is to drag them to the Trash whilst iPhoto is closed, open up iPhoto and use it for a while. If you don't notice any problems then it's probably fine to Empty The Trash. iPhoto cannot directly access the trash so leaving the folders in there is as good as removing them without actually losing them forever necessarily. :)