Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

burritos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2003
I upgraded my 400 mhz processor with a 1gig sonnet card(1 week before the G5 announcement(double doh!)). Any suggestions on what I should do with the 400 mhz processor card? It did such a great jov for me, seems such a shame for a nice card like that to collect dust.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
if you have any other spare parts you could try and build an mp3s box for a stereo or sell the old board on ebay.....

mstecker

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
Philadelphia
I just upgraded my 800mhz powermac to 1.4ghz, and I was about to toss the old processor in the bin of forgotten computer parts, when I decided to take a flyer selling it on eBay. It sold right away for my buy-it-now price of $150 (which probably means that my buy-it-now price was too low anyway).

Moral of the story: List it on eBay. You have nothing to lose.

mangoman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2002
Second Floor
Key point: I don't work for 'em...

Anyway, otherworldcomputing.com has a sweet deal goin' where you can buy an upgrade card from 'em and then (within 90 days) send your old card back for a tasty refund. Just installed one of their 1.4GHz daughtercard upgrades -- love it -- and I'm looking forward to sending this old beast in. Meanwhile, my new GeForce Ti card came in today. If it works, I'm looking to sell my GeForce 4MX card. Anyone interested?

Whoring for UT2K3,

mangoman

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.