extra step to play video in iTunes 4.8?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by justjess22, May 22, 2005.

1. justjess22 macrumors newbie

justjess22

Ever since I upgraded to iTunes 4.8 and Tiger, I now have to take an additional step to now watch any music video in iTunes. Instead of the music video immediately loading, I NOW have to CLICK on the VIDEO BUTTON right above to activate it.
    WHAT THA HECK??
    Can I get a witness?
    :confused:

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

What do you mean, the video library in the store? Here, they still play automagically once they have loaded enough. i'm not sure what you mean by a video button :confused:

For playing local QuickTime videos in iTunes 4.8, I am kind of disappointed in the way it works. The video is treated like album art, that is, it stops displaying if you start browsing through other songs, even if you choose to play them in a separate window. I guess that's consistent in that it works like album art always did, but the least surprising behavior (to me) would have been if the video kept displaying just as the audio keeps playing while you browse.

3. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

If your album art window is set to "Now playing" rather than "Selected Song" then it will continue to display even if you go browsing other songs. I haven't tried video yet, but I would have expected it to work the same way.

4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Cool, I hadn't noticed the little arrow thingy next to the title. That does solve it (now they've just got to make that the default!).