Extra Superdrive or IDE hard drive?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Spanky Deluxe, Sep 19, 2006.

What should I put in the spare IDE slot?

1. Extra DL Superdrive

6 vote(s)
  2. 120GB IDE Hard drive

2 vote(s)
  1. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Mar 17, 2005
    London, UK
    What do you think I should put into the IDE Hard drive slot? An extra superdrive or a 120GB IDE hard drive?

I've got a Pioneer DL Superdrive floating around as well as a 120GB IDE hard drive and one of them will go in the spare bay although I'm not sure which yet. I'll be putting in 3 300GB SATA drives to accompany the 250GB drive in the machine already although they all have quite a bit of data on already. Once I've sorted through them all I should have something in the range of 200-400GB free on the 3 300GB drives.

I'm leaning towards putting the superdrive in because it'll fit easily and its what's meant to go in there although I don't think I'd ever use it. I'll be installing Boot Camp but was going to just partition my main drive for a bit extra speed, 80GB Windows 170GB OS X. I would put all data but applications, mp3s and documents on the three 300GB drives so again I don't know if I'd use the 120GB HDD.
  2. Cowinacape macrumors regular

Jul 3, 2006
    Surrey B.C. Canada
    I opted for the extra super drive option in your poll. I myself want to add a lightscribe capable burner to the second bay on my machine.