Extract and overlay audio?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by PkennethV, Mar 3, 2007.

1. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

Aug 16, 2006
    I've tried doing a search on this but couldn't find anything due to lack of good keywords. At school we are doing a biography/interview video. I am wondering if there is an easy way in iMovie to take just the audio of one clip and put it over the video of an other clip. For example audio of person speaking from interview put over video of the person sitting looking out the window (but not actually talking).
    The way I though of doing it was to import the the entire interview then export it as quicktime file. Then use quicktime pro (already own that)¸ to extract the audio and put that in the imovie project. So is there a way to skip exporting the interview as a quicktime movie just to extract the audio and extract the audio right in imovie? Sorry if this is a little long for what I am asking but I'm getting sleepy and so I'm dragging on with the typing a bit.
  2. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    I don't use iMovie, but I believe that its projects are stored as bundles. You might be able to right-click the bundle and Show Package Contents, then drop the appropriate video onto QuickTime and extract the audio.