Extracting videos from Youtube/Google video?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Tim117, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Tim117 macrumors regular

Does anyone know of any way at all? I really am simply clueless, I wouldn't even know where to begin.

2. OwlsAndApples macrumors 6502a

OwlsAndApples

Another way is if using safari, just click 'activity' and then double-click the large .flv file in the list. Then use iSquint to get it into a more friendly filetype. :)

3. Tim117 thread starter macrumors regular

Will these options extract it in quicktime format? And also, it's of google video so does that make a different?

4. OwlsAndApples macrumors 6502a

OwlsAndApples

I'm sorry, i'm not on a mac at the moment, but I think it'll be the same with Google Videos. The videos are usually in .flv (flash video) format, so you'll need software like iSquint to convert them.

5. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

7. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I second tubesock (unless it has already been seconded... in that case I third it, and so on) great program, but you have to pay to use it to its full extent.

8. dogbone macrumors 68020

dogbone

Here is a txt file that you can use to make a bookmark with in FireFox. Make a new bookmark and in the 'location' field in the 'properties' section, paste the contents of the txt file. Give it a name and stick it on your bookmarks toolbar.

Then when you have a youtube or google video up, just press the toolbar button and you will be able to download the video.

Attached Files:

9. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Just do it from activity monitor. Although from google you can directly download it. You can also put kiss infront of youtube videos. like if it ww.youtube.com/macsrock and you wanted to download that just put kiss at ww.kissyoutube.com/macsrock. Then just convert it using isquint. Its the easiet way

10. ~Kat~ macrumors member

~Kat~

I use iSquint but it is very s----------l------------o-------------w and tempermental as hell.

I've used Vixy.net in the past but it degrades the quality so if it's something I want a clip of to watch later, I use iSquint. But, if I want to make an animated avatar out of a clip then I just use vixy.

Thanks for the other recs. :)

11. mistyz23 macrumors member

mistyz23

Check out Greasemonkey for Firefox. It has a script for downloading videos you need to download and install, on top of installing greasemonkey to work with Firefox.

If you don't use firefox... disregard. :p

12. Nevrsadie macrumors regular

Nevrsadie

Another vote for Activity monitor and iSquint, works well for me.