Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tim117

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2007
BC Canada
Does anyone know of any way at all? I really am simply clueless, I wouldn't even know where to begin.

OwlsAndApples

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2006
UK
Another way is if using safari, just click 'activity' and then double-click the large .flv file in the list. Then use iSquint to get it into a more friendly filetype. :)

Tim117

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2007
BC Canada
Will these options extract it in quicktime format? And also, it's of google video so does that make a different?

OwlsAndApples

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2006
UK
Will these options extract it in quicktime format? And also, it's of google video so does that make a different?

I'm sorry, i'm not on a mac at the moment, but I think it'll be the same with Google Videos. The videos are usually in .flv (flash video) format, so you'll need software like iSquint to convert them.

dogbone

macrumors 68020
Here is a txt file that you can use to make a bookmark with in FireFox. Make a new bookmark and in the 'location' field in the 'properties' section, paste the contents of the txt file. Give it a name and stick it on your bookmarks toolbar.

Then when you have a youtube or google video up, just press the toolbar button and you will be able to download the video.

Attachments

• load.txt
    20.5 KB · Views: 188

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
Just do it from activity monitor. Although from google you can directly download it. You can also put kiss infront of youtube videos. like if it ww.youtube.com/macsrock and you wanted to download that just put kiss at ww.kissyoutube.com/macsrock. Then just convert it using isquint. Its the easiet way

~Kat~

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2006
Montreal
I use iSquint but it is very s----------l------------o-------------w and tempermental as hell.

I've used Vixy.net in the past but it degrades the quality so if it's something I want a clip of to watch later, I use iSquint. But, if I want to make an animated avatar out of a clip then I just use vixy.

Thanks for the other recs. :)

mistyz23

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2007
Check out Greasemonkey for Firefox. It has a script for downloading videos you need to download and install, on top of installing greasemonkey to work with Firefox.

If you don't use firefox... disregard. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.