EXTREME Apple attack site

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sirin, Mar 21, 2006.

1. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Actually someone else (I assume it to be the site's runner) already posted this.

It's definitely FUDtastic.

2. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

haha. i can't bear reading sh*t like that. it is honestly just so oblivious and ignorant, i feel sickened reading it, and i wonder how people can think like that.

3. Lau Guest

Those "Hey doods, you can use these grafics on youre site innit!!" fake adverts are so poorly done it hurts. Should have used a Mac for that, buddy. :p Or you could get some talent, which, y'know, might help too. "heh heh - poo! on a screen. duh. poo drawn in MS paint is funny. duh". Mmm, a fine example of humour there.

I also like the way that the slagging off says things like "But Macs crash too!", "Macs get error messages too!" rather than Windows doesn't crash or get error messages. That's a bit too farfetched for even this nutter.

It's just a bit rubbish. I have no problem with parody or arguments about which OS is better if they're done well. This isn't. It's just really really crappily done.

4. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

Hate sites are everywhere. Big deal. If you think an Apple hate site is bad, type in _offensive/racial_slur.com and you'd have quite a day. These types of sites are common. This guy doesn't even pay to host his :rolleyes:

Grain of salt ;)

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

That is the best website ever. Infact. Part of me thinks this was made from an Apple user. Merely intended as a hoax site, bring in the viewers with its extreme (and in most cases) false reports.

hmm.

6. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

yawn.

and you wouldn't by any chance have any invested interest in increasing traffic to this specific site, would you Jessi?

7. Sirin thread starter macrumors member

Sirin

Who is "Jessi"?

I had the screen name well before I was aware of that. It suprised me that the word has a meaning. :confused:

8. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

it's actually worrying that people actually have the time and dedication of hatred towards all things apple that they feel the need to create incoherent, incorrect sites like this. they could have posted on a mac hate forum, but oh, no, they have the spare time to make a website. and a rubbish one at that. it makes me sad. :(

its not about one being faster than the other; its about computers doing what you want/need them to do.

S

9. Stinkythe1 macrumors regular

His argument of OS X vs Windows only has 3 points, which are completely misleading.

Even if this is a hoax, some retard will take it for truth.

10. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

Maxiseller

The thing is though, I actually have friends who would say :

"See, erm, yeh...windows IS better"

The Mac Hater syndrome is more powerful than most people think...until people switch, and then we all turn lovely!

11. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

what an idiot.

btw: are there any website against windows that are as fanatic as this one? i can't understand people who get worked up about an OS. it's just an OS. if you don't like it don't use it.

12. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

Jessi10090, a newbie whose only contribution to the forum were, coincidentally, 3 posts 'discussing' the troll site linked above, exactly one month ago....

13. Sirin thread starter macrumors member

Sirin

Nope. That's not me. I wasn't aware of the thread until you notified me about it. That's the guy that made the site. He said "Is it true?" It's obvious it's not. :rolleyes:

80% of his facts don't have any sources to back them up with. ;)

14. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

So we don't spread Windows viruses to Windows computers through infected files we've received. How about stop trying to think of reasons to bash apple because you're jealous and getting a life? Who made this site? It's quite funny.

15. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

These types of sites just make me laugh because they don't know. Apple and their products are not perfect, but no ones are. I don't understand why people like this care so much, it's not like me have a Mac and an iPod is affecting this guy.

16. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

s-a-t-i-r-e

I still contend that mac fans & metallica fans can both be riled up with the simple statement that "Macs/Metallica sucks" even if the only reason you say it is to piss them off.

17. Sirin thread starter macrumors member

Sirin

18. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

If the guy really hates Macs that much, then its a pathetic, yet humorous, attempt. If its satire, then it has been quite well done. Either way it made me laugh.

19. Agent Smith macrumors 6502

Yeah, some of the graphics they have are kind of funny...:p

20. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Indeed! I found some of it quite amusing. It's not like Apple or Mac's are perfect.

Didn't get the iMac G5 picture though... with lots of excrement featured...

Generally funny though.

21. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

The only bit that I found a little bit funny was when the site said that since there's antivirus software, there must be viruses. :)