Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Ok, see if any of you chimps can do this! be warned you will need a Powerbook (perhaps?), dual monitors (with the monitor running 1024x768 and aligned to the right of the PB screen) and 10.4.3.

Open iTunes (latest one, of course) and drag the window into the external monitor. drag it to the top of the monitor and slide it left.

notice that! Yes you do! itunes goes BEHIND the menu bar! no other App does that, at least not Finder or Preview.

Ok im really getting excited over stupid things now. but its a bug nontheless.

are there any more stupid silly bugs you folks know about?

psycho bob

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2003
Leeds, England
You don't need a Powerbook, I can do it on my G5 PM with dual monitors. Safari won't do it, nor will iChat but Yahoo Messenger will and I can't be bothered testing anything else.

Soon as you take it completely across on to the main screen with the menu bar it pops back to normal. Interesting but I'm not sure it would classify as a bug more of a quirk :)

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
occasionally when you hit Apple + i in Safari to send the contents of a web page in Mail, the imags and text of the webpage will take over the menu bar, showing a strip of the site across the top of the entire screen...and then Mail crashes. just another Tiger bug to add to the ridiculously huge and evergrowing list.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.