Extremely unusual bug!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Dagless, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    Ok, see if any of you chimps can do this! be warned you will need a Powerbook (perhaps?), dual monitors (with the monitor running 1024x768 and aligned to the right of the PB screen) and 10.4.3.

Open iTunes (latest one, of course) and drag the window into the external monitor. drag it to the top of the monitor and slide it left.

notice that! Yes you do! itunes goes BEHIND the menu bar! no other App does that, at least not Finder or Preview.

Ok im really getting excited over stupid things now. but its a bug nontheless.

are there any more stupid silly bugs you folks know about?
  2. stridey macrumors 65816

Jan 21, 2005
    Massachusetts, Connecticut
  3. generik macrumors 601

Aug 5, 2005
    Why would it be specific to iTunes? I thought stuff like this is handled by the OS or something.
  4. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

Oct 25, 2003
    Leeds, England
    You don't need a Powerbook, I can do it on my G5 PM with dual monitors. Safari won't do it, nor will iChat but Yahoo Messenger will and I can't be bothered testing anything else.

Soon as you take it completely across on to the main screen with the menu bar it pops back to normal. Interesting but I'm not sure it would classify as a bug more of a quirk :)
  5. tjwett macrumors 68000

May 6, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    occasionally when you hit Apple + i in Safari to send the contents of a web page in Mail, the imags and text of the webpage will take over the menu bar, showing a strip of the site across the top of the entire screen...and then Mail crashes. just another Tiger bug to add to the ridiculously huge and evergrowing list.