Extremists Muslims enforcing Shaira Law on the steets...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MorphingDragon, Jan 20, 2013.

1. macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

Just to break up the endless parade of gun threads, here's one demonizing a religious entity.

These are some recently published video clips of muslims enforcing Shaira Law on the streets of London, harassing people for completely legal things and vandalizing public property. These people should be shot (preferably, by one of the many pro-gun crazies ;P)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=beb_1358359911

2. Guest

eric/

They should just start rounding these people up and deporting them before they actually have enough votes to implement Shaira LAw.

3. macrumors 65816

Right now, I'd trade a few gun nuts and our lax gun laws for a few Muslims.

4. macrumors G4

skunk

Why do you call them extremists?

5. thread starter macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

If they were of X faith doing the same thing I would still call them extremists. It's not what a balanced and rational person would do, especially in London. People get smashed on the streets with cheap whiskey.

6. macrumors 6502a

yeah! great idea for a very real problem (the implementation of Sharia law in the UK or the US)...

Or better yet, round them up, deport them as you say - preferably on trains to save some money... of course, to do that they'd have to be stripped of their rights as citizens, but that can easily be fixed by some well designed changes in the law.... and concentrate them in some sort of closed facility, like a camp or something, so they don't pose the same danger anywhere in the world.

How is it possible that nobody else has thought of such practical solution before!?!? genius!

[/sarcasm]

7. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I thought you and your gun-owning brethren are there to protect against tyranny.

8. macrumors G5

yg17

And if they were born in England where do you propose we deport them to?

9. thread starter macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

Guantanamo Bay for being public enemies of the US. :p

10. macrumors 68000

Sydde

text of story
    (emphases mine)

The men have been filmed walking the streets of London and calling white women "naked animals with no self respect".

The group is also shown taking away alcohol booze from revellers. They also filmed a cyclist being treated after a road accident, and claimed he was injured because he was "unclean".

A member of the group says: "We don't care if you are appalled at all."

Scotland Yard has said it was investigating.
    Shot on a mobile phone at night in Waltham Forest area of London, a number of men are seen shouting "this is a Muslim area" towards white Britons, police said.

One video says: "From women walking the street dressed like complete naked animals with no self respect, to drunk people carrying alcohol, to drunks being killed in the middle of the road, we try our best to capture and forbid it all."

The men also tell a group of women they need to forbid themselves "from dressing like this and exposing themselves outside the mosque".

Mohammed Shafiq of the Ramadhan Foundation, a Muslim organisation which campaigns for a peaceful co-existence among communities, has condemned the group's behaviour.

In US, at least, we mostly do not tolerate religious/ethnic policing of neighborhoods. Are there non-Muslim neighborhoods in Riyadh where the residents can enforce alternative law? If you move to a country, you need to accept the customs of that country, not create your own enclave. This kind of thing is just wrong and should be punished.

11. macrumors G4

Eraserhead

12. Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Not necessarily, as they don't seek to enforce their opinions, attitudes and perspectives on those who are not of their faith, which is what seems to be happening in the instance cited by the OP.

13. Guest

eric/

I don't live in a religious area

14. macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Fair point (which is why I changed my post ;)).

15. Guest

eric/

wow haha, talk about slippery slope

16. thread starter macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

17. Guest

eric/

Jail them I guess. Idk.

The ones that come to the UK, and refuse to live by the laws of the UK should be sent back to where they came from. And that applies to anybody.

18. thread starter macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

What they do is classed as disturbing the peace.

19. Guest

eric/

The way I see it is when you immigrate to another country, you're there a few years on a trial period, to make sure you learn the laws and culture and become integrated into your new community. Then you can earn your citizenship.

When somebody shows up, and just thinks they can start enforcing their own rules on the street, or has no willingness to become part of their new community, they need to be deported.

20. macrumors 603

Jails are already overcrowded.

21. Guest

eric/

Legalize drugs

problem solved

22. macrumors 603

That just introduces a lot more problems. No dice. Apart from the fact that the majority of those in prison aren't on drug-related offences which legalisation would solve.

23. macrumors G4

skunk

So it seems eminently balanced and reasonable to try to keep such behaviour out of one's neighbourhood.

24. thread starter macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

Yes it would be, but not by vandalizing and causing trouble.

25. macrumors G4

skunk

I'd be interested to know what they could be charged with.