Extremley Wierd 9/11 Video

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Patmian212, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Hey guys,
    I just watched this video and its kind of concerning, I dont know what to think. By the way it is low quality so some of the evidence shown is hard to see. So you know its over 1 hour long.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2023320890224991194

EDIT: PLEASE NO STARTING POLITICAL FLAME WARS!
    EDIT 2: In no way do I agree with the video, just looking for opinions

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

yeah. that always works.

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

okay, the thing starts out quoting "fox news reporter mark burnback" about how the second WTC plane didn't look like a passenger plane. i'd never heard of him, so i googled him. once i took out all the 9/11 stuff:

search string: mark burnback -911 -9/11

...i got no hits. does fox news actually employ someone named mark burnback?

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

next...

in the video of the 1st plane hitting the towers, there's some discussion of a flash occuring before the plane hits, described by the VO as a "separate event". i guess i'll have to wait to see what that event is supposed to be.

looks to me like a reflection off the fuselage. unmentioned is the same reflection, again, near the tail.

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

next...

CNN footage of the 2nd plane supposedly shows extra equipment under the fuselage. the video is far too grainy and low-quality to make such a determination, imo.

it's simply a dark line, afaict. paint? shadow? a drawing of ockham's razor?

6. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

"a missile is fired seconds before impact"

this really is too much. excuse me while i go prove the earth is flat after all.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i gotta agree that most of this is crap zimv20, although i have thought for quite some time that there was an issue with the crash at the Pentagon. that one just didn't add up to me.

8. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Just what the world needs, more amateur hour conspiracy crapola. I give this film two enthusiastic thumbs down.

9. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

No need, it's already been done.

10. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

well then. i'm off to have some turkish food.

that's not a pun or anything, i really am.

11. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

that part about Osama, how he had a gold ring and watch on, which islam does not allow was crazy. And how he is left hand, while in the vidoe he used his right hand

12. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

My brother, with D.C.'s Old Guard (3d ID) at the time, cleaned up the bodies and debris of the Pentagon crash.

What doesn't add up? You think the government scattered fake fuselage and body parts around and hosed them down with Jet A? 'Cause that's what he cleaned up.

13. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

the only thing that doesnt add up is what they said and what the appearance of the 'crash' looks like. its not like i don't believe it happened, but the way in which they say it happened (ie boucing on the ground then skidding into the building - just doesn't look as thats how it crashed.)

14. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

I'm no expert, but I do find it odd there weren't more visible airplane parts at the pentagon on September 11. I've heard a lot of conspiracy theories that ask the same question too.

Link

This being said, it probably was a plane.

15. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

You have to admit some of this points out things that are inconsistant with reason. There was a time when I would have immediately dismissed this stuff as crazed conspiracy junk for the same kinds of people that see UFOs and the alike.

Why doesn't anyone ask where Bin Laden came from? Why did the CIA support, train, and fund him all those years ago to fight the soviets, and all of a sudden he becomes a staunch enemy of the very thing that propped him up? Did we pull a "Castro" on him?

16. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

He was never a friend of the U.S., but rather against the Soviets(which is all we cared about)...

17. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Why would they be visible? This wasn't some rigged Hollywood explosion where debris comes spewing out in all directions. The plane went into the building.

Again, you could ask my brother about the debris he picked up. He was there, inside the building cleaning up.

18. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

As I've mentioned before, I work for a local cable TV studio. One of our channels is a public access channel, and we've had people ask us to run some of Alex Jones' programs on that channel. So while I haven't seen this particular show, I've seen some of his others.

IMO, Alex Jones is full of ****. He's much better at speculating and drawing unprovable correlations than he is at digging for proof.

Two of the Alex Jones programs I saw, "9/11: Rise of the Police State" and another one I forget the name of, attempted to claim that the government was behind the tragedies of that day. Jones "proof" was that the Towers fell straight down (like a controlled demolition, instead of toppling over); that you could see tiny dynamite-like explosions in the video shot just before the collapse; that there's no way a plane's fuel could weaken the buildings' structural steel enough to cause the Towers to fall; and that other skyscrapers have been ravaged by fire without collapsing.

Any of those claims might be cause for further investigation...but then Jones goes on (for another two hours!) to claim that because John Kerry and George Bush were both members of Harvard's Skull and Bones fraternity, it proves they're part of the same evil globalization scheme. Then it adds that Arnold Schwarzenegger and Karl Rove are also part of that scheme, and that it is neo-Nazi in nature. As "proof" he cites the fact that the Skull and Bones fraternity has a skull as its symbol, and that skull resembles the death's head used by the Nazis. He reminds us that Ahnold's father (I think it was) was a Nazi, and Karl Rove's grandfather was a governor of a territory in Germany.

Oh, and BTW, Michael Moore is in on it, because according to Jones, Moore doesn't ask questions about any of this stuff.

Now: I myself sponsored the showing of a "conspiracy" program on our public access channel. But it was put out by a reputable producer, and claimed only that the now commonly-accepted notion that the neocons are using 9/11 as an excuse to raise hell in the Middle East and grab their oil. "My" show interviewed credible people like Noam Chomsky and Scott Ritter. It's called "Hijacking Catastrophe", and while it falls solidly under the category of conspiracy theory, it's a lot more credible than any of Jones' stuff. IMO, the Media Education Foundation puts out a lot better stuff than Alex Jones does.

19. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

A lot of people seem to believe that airplanes are constructed like bridges or buildings or some such. They're not. They are tubes of thin aluminum skin stretched over the lightest possible superstructure. They are built to survive flight, not impact with terrain or buildings. In every major air crash that we've seen, the airplanes were pulverized into so much aluminum confetti, and those accidents didn't necessarily involve ramming an airplane loaded with jet fuel into a building at 450 MPH.

We don't need any wild conspiracy theories about what "really" happened on 9-11. The actual events were weird enough all on their own.

20. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Well, there certainly are some questions that at least warrant looking into. Do we really want people to just take everything at face value. Especially after all the seemingly insane things coming out of Washington lately that before most of us would have just considered crazy conspiracy theories. Not saying crap like this helps any. Actually hurts because it makes the legitimate look bad by association. But there's still room for questioning and inquiries.

21. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i'd venture a guess that if the US gov't went to all that trouble to fake 9/11, they'd at least paint the planes to look like passenger planes, eh?

that whole "it wasn't painted like a passenger plane" thing is non-sense.

22. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I don't know. They are evil, but they're also incompetent. Makes perfect sense to me. :p

There is no conspiracy here though. All the screw ups are right out there in the open for all to see. 8 minutes of a blank stare and all. Though I still wonder where Norad was in all this.

23. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

There is no issue about tracking the planes... there is a huge issue around making the determination that a plane full of hundreds of civilians is a threat, and to shoot it down over a densely populated region. And doing that within minutes...

Remember the revulsion over the downing of Korean Airlines 007 over Sakhalin Island? Or when the USS Vincennes shot down the Iranian airliner in 1988 with the loss of 290 lives? Or the Libyan 727 that was shot down by Israeli fighters in 1973?

24. aquajet macrumors 68020

And most of these conspiracy theories are most likely propagated by those who know nothing of airplanes. As IJ mentioned, these airplanes are constructed with a minimum of material to ensure efficient flight and a robust airframe that will last for many years (indeed, it's a critical balance). And while commercial airliners are robust enough to fly through the air several miles above the earth at a speed of several hundred miles per hour, it's still very easy to break an airplane in flight by something as petty as excessive control input. IIRC, the speed of impact by the airplane striking the Pentagon was estimated somewhere around 500 mph, which is far faster than any other commercial airliner involved in a crash during takeoff or landing. I'm not at all surprised that investigators were unable to find "visible airplane parts."

25. MarkCollette macrumors 68000

MarkCollette

So, I watched most of the video. In it, he talks about things like the 6 tonne titanium airplane engines, and gives the melting point of titanium, and compares that to the temperature that jet fuel burns at, and so shows that the engines could not have vaporised, and so should have been found somewhere at the Pentagon crash site.

Also, it's full of eye witness accounts that contradict with the official reports. And a bunch of witnesses are police officers, and not just some hicks or whatever.

I know it must make you guys feel smart to blow off these kinds of videos, but when you make generic statements that are obviously incorrect when having actually watched the video, you don't come across that way.