Eye TV 410 question

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Bob Jovi, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Bob Jovi macrumors regular

Hello Newbie here,
    I've been considering buying an EyeTV 410 and was wondering if I can record programmes on it and use Final Cut Pro simultaneously without any problems?
    I've got a 2.3 DC Powermac with 2GB RAM.
    Thanks

2. tipdrill407 macrumors 6502

Record a program AND use final cut pro at the same time? You've got a Powermac so the processor should be able to handle both at the same time especially if the 410 has hardware encoding (i'm not sure if it does). But having both final cut and the recording app accessing your hard drive at the same time might create a few performance problems.

3. Bob Jovi thread starter macrumors regular

i have two hard drives in my computer and an external one, so I use one internal HD to render my final cut files to and the other would be free. or if I record TV to the external one would this make it easier on the processor to run both apps?
    thanks

4. tipdrill407 macrumors 6502

Well you should render clips from an external drive so you should record TV shows on the internal drive that does not have final cut installed on it.

5. Bob Jovi thread starter macrumors regular

I have an internal hard drive just for rendering. so do you think that recording to the hard drive with osx on would work well, or record to the external?
    sorry about this but I don't want to waste £200 on something that might not work properly.
    thanks