Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Synapple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Rome, Italy
Hi all,

first of all I apologize if this is not the correct forum to post this but I think it's a software problem, so here it goes:

I've just bought an eyeTV 200 which works extremely well for watching TV on my Mac Mini, running Tiger 10.4.2.
The only problem (a major problem to me) is that anytime I try to browse the internet while watching TV at the same time my internet connection quits. I am on a dial-up connection and internet connect tells me the the modem has hung up because the other side is not responding.
I am using the latest EyeTV software release 1.8.4.

The curious thing is that I can surf the web just fine when EyeTV is running with no live windows open: as soon as I open a live TV window, though, the connection quits.

I have tried anything that could come up to my mind (trashed preferences, repaired permissions, reinstalled the software twice, tried every browser I have on my mac, restarted) but nothing has worked.

Elgato support is not replying to my e-mails.

Can you guys help me out someway?

Thank you,
regards

:)

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
It's hard to say, but it sounds like a bug in the EyeTV software.

Have you looked in Console (Applications/Utilities/Console) if there are any log messages that can give a clue as to why the connection is dropped?

Synapple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Rome, Italy
gekko513 said:
It's hard to say, but it sounds like a bug in the EyeTV software.

Have you looked in Console (Applications/Utilities/Console) if there are any log messages that can give a clue as to why the connection is dropped?

gekko, thanks for your fast reply.

Yes, I thought of a bug in the software as well but I have yet to hear something from Elgato.

I did look in Console but, even if I was able to reproduce the problem several times, I couldn't find any logs regarding the modem or the EyeTV software.

If it is indeed a bug in the software, I just find it weird that I am the only one experiencing this and would like to understand if there is anyone else using the software that can use a dial-up connection at the same time with no problems. I mean, I know it's an ancient technology but I can't be the only one stuck with it!

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.