Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaulMoore

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
Hey there, thought I would post this here since the question relates to using both. I have an Eye TV One and can't seem to find a preference setting to have all recordings export in Apple TV format (since that's where I watch them all)- I currently have to individually set each recording to export.

Is there such a setting (or a workaround)? Or do I have to adjust the export setting for each recording one by one?

Phillie14586

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2010
Just put an export line in a RecordingDone trigger script. Look in the Customize EyeTV section on Elgato's site. the Plex/Export with season and Episode number is a very complete script that can be modified to do what ever you want. I think there is also a button somewhere in the recording info that will automatically export the recording in some iformat. I don't use an ATV so I am not exactly sure of this option.

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2010
First, under Preferences>General choose between either iPad or Apple TV for the export button. Be aware that the Apple TV option is for the older model and therefore limits you to only 540p since TV Shows exceed the 24fps limit of the original Apple TV with HD content. If you have the ATV2 you'll want to choose the iPad option and you'll then get exports in 720p HD.

Now after you have done that, go to your Smart Guide and click on Options and you will have the option to export automatically in the format you previously selected in Preferences. You can then also see what each upcoming recording is scheduled to do at a glance under Schedules.

Last edited:

PaulMoore

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
Thanks for the replies- I will try that out when I am back at the Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.